Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a funny thing ran thru my head on the way to work...

i have a new favorite song, and on the drive into work, listening to that song, this morning i realized the surreal life i sometimes live. i was so absorbed in the feelings and emotions the song brings to me, i felt my drive to work was like a virtual reality ride. i am driving thru space with no connnection to it. subtract the cold feel of skin and i don't think i could even convince myself i was outside. and then 20 minutes later i was running on a treadmill with the same feeling. cause you are running but not going anywhere. ok so perhaps it isn't the same feeling, in truth it is the opposite feeling. on the drive i was moving and didn't feel like it, and running i wasn't moving but felt like i should have been. 

i think i am so aware of this because i know my life is so liquid right now, and it would be easy to fall in to a life of non-reality, just living in the created niches and coasting thru the real world with a song or drink. that isn't to say i am affraid of my alone time, just completely aware of what i am capable of. 

ok enough for tonight... more to come! 

mahalo

No comments: