Tuesday, December 6, 2011

how he won her back...

Last year I went sailing in Grenada without my wife, Laura. Her school schedule didn't permit her to make the trip. Nevertheless, I made the most of the trip, enjoying the experience and learning as much as I could. Being the fifth wheel of five friends, seventh wheel if you include our ASA instructors, I missed Laura often, but especially on the last night. Anchored in Clarke's Court, on the southeast of Grenada, we went to a quaint little restaurant on the hillside called The Little Dipper.

The Little Dipper

As you can see the dinning room is open air, great for enjoying a meal. And it was just that... a great night that made me really miss Laura. So much so that I said to rest of the crew, "I will bring Laura back here one day". During that trip our charter company, Horizon, was holding a contest. The prize was a week on their new 2011 Bavaria 45. Like so many delusional groups we made a pact, we would all go back together if any of us won. And wouldn't you know it... Sean won. Those that know him know this is something he seems adept at doing. And so a few crew meetings and some improved planning later we were flying back into Maurice Bishop Airport, this time with Laura. 

With three cabins, three heads and plenty of room in the saloon, S/V Dream Maker was perfect for three couples. 

Dinner prep aboard S/V Dream Maker

We took in some new sights, spending two days snorkeling in Tobago Cays, including a visit to Petit Tabac.

Turtle @ Tobago Cays

We also made for some familiar spots, like Seckie and Venessa's in Chatham Bay, Union Island. 

Lobster dinner w/ Rum punch @ Seckie & Venessa's

After a 30+ mile sail, snorkeling Molinere underwater sculpture park and a dinner of fresh fish the sunset was majestic. 
Sunset @ Grand Mal Bay

And on the last night, with boat back at True Blue, I was able to make good on my proclamation from last year. Dinner at the The Little Dipper, this time with Laura sitting next to me. Once again the food was great, the atmosphere was great and the company was just that much better this year... for me anyway!

Laura on Petit Tabac


And that is the story of how he, sean, won, a trip so I could take, her, Laura, back to The Little Dipper.

Click here to see my photo album of the trip.



No comments: